Last weekend, Dan and I were invited to a potluck get-together at our friends’ house. Not only are these events fun because everyone gets to try a bunch of new dishes, but they also make this gluten-free girl’s life a lot easier. Although my friends and family are often very accommodating to my dietary needs, sometimes I just get sick of being THAT girl, ya know? So when I have the opportunity to bring a few safe-to-eat dishes of my own, I relish the opportunity. Plus, I love to share with other people just how yummy gluten-free can be!
In addition to those to-die-for brownies and the Thai-Style Green Bean & Asparagus Pasta Salad, I also brought this Fresh Feta & Mint Brown Rice Couscous Salad. It was so simple to make and I loved that it incorporated so many of the simple, fresh flavors that are special to summer.
If you are looking for a gluten-free brown rice couscous to try, then check out Lundberg Family Farm’s Roasted Brown Rice Couscous. As for the recipe, here are the details …
Keywords: salad pasta salad gluten-free vegetarian feta cheese
- 2 cups cooked gluten-free brown rice couscous
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 2/3 cup gluten free balsamic dressing
Add couscous, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, feta cheese and mint to bowl, stirring to combine. Drizzle balsamic dressing on top and toss to combine. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Simply beautiful, right? ♥
Speaking of gorgeous summer recipes, have you had a chance to check out purely elizabeth‘s summer magazine yet? OMG –– talk about food heaven on a page! There are oodles of recipes, including:
- berry crisp à la mode
- quinoa veggie burgers
- summer cocktails (roasted pineapple margarita anyone?)
- thumbprint cookies with Mexican chocolate
- plus, two salads created by yours truly!
** Get your FREE download by clicking below! ↓
Enjoy, cupcakes! ♥