(Crunchy Peanut Butter): Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifPro® (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Malt Extract], Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Peanut Butter (Organic Peanuts, Salt), Peanut Flour, Peanuts, ClifCrunch® (Apple Fiber, Organic Oat Fiber, Organic Milled Flaxseed, Inulin [Chicory Extract], Psyllium), Organic Date Paste, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt.
Brown Rice Syrup....Rice Crisps (aka millet puffs)...Peanut Butter...Flaxseed. That all sounds familiar. (It actually sounds quite similar to my Almond Butter Chews from a few days ago. However, mine only have 4 measly ingredients.) Here is my Crunchy Peanut Butter Clif Bar Remake...Mmmmmm. Delicious and...delicious :)
4-Ingredient Crunchy Peanut Butter Clif Bars
-1/2C peanut butter
-5T brown rice syrup
-3T ground flax seed meal
-2C millet puffs or puffed brown rice
-1/2C raisins (optional)
1. First, melt peanut butter (if need be).
2. Then, transfer to a medium sized bowl and add brown rice syrup and mix.
3. Add millet puffs, flax, and raisins and mix until it becomes one big Clif ball.
4. Then, spray an 8x8 pan with non stick cooking spray and transfer mixture into pan.
5. With your fingers, firmly press into the pan, compressing the mixture together.
6. Place pan into the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
7. Next, flip pan over so you have one big clif bar. Using a knife, cut into 6-8 bars.
If you cut it into 8 bars, the nutrition profile is as followed: 183 Calories, 22 carbs, 9g fat, and and 5g protein.
Great taste! Healthy ingredients. I'll take it :)
If I were to healthify another Clif Bar flavor...which would you have me do?
Authors: College Foodie Finds