Stock up on your greens and antioxidants for this holiday season! Give yourself a boost with these amazing fruits and vegetables!
It’s so green and delicious that it’s nearly impossible not to love it! As a decendant of the wild cabbage, kale is related to broccoli, cauliflower, & collards. Like it’s cruciferous cousins, kale is known to have detoxifying & anti-cancer qualities that make it, indeed, a superfood!
Delicious steamed, baked, sauteed, and even raw, we recommend using kale in place of spinach in any recipe!
What is your favorite kale recipe?
Tell us on Facebook!
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 1/2 lb Green Kale
- 1 1/2 cups Pomegranate Seeds (also called Arils)
- 1 Tblsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tblsp Mungi Bean Sprouts Crunchy Mix (available in the Produce Department)
- 5 Tblsp Rice Vinegar
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 5 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Wash & dry Kale. Remove center ribs & stems & discard. Chop kale into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss to combine the kale, crunchy sprout mix, & pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over kale salad & toss to evenly coat.
Remember, here at Rollin’ Oats we always have 100% Organic produce! Our Kale is looking delicious and full of nutrients today and what better fruit to pair it with then a organic pomegranate!
Add a little extra crunch to that kale!
Have a great day! See you at Rollin’ Oats!